EPEA is offering the “Cradle to Cradle QuickScan on Products” for companies which want to learn more about the Cradle to Cradle® (C2C) potential of their products. The C2C QuickScan is a preliminary scan of a product based on customer’s knowledge and publicly available data about the generic materials and product components. Thereby it is possible to estimate the suitability of a product for a technical or biological cycle and identify potential issues, which do not conform to the Cradle to Cradle® principles.
The result of the C2C QuickScan is a preliminary statement on the C2C potential of the product combined with some first advises for a product optimization. The QuickScan report further contains recommendations for possible next steps like:
- Detailed assessment of the materials in a C2C scenario
- Product optimization
- Certification according to the Cradle to Cradle CertifiedTM program for products
- Development of a C2C Quality Statement
- Other marketing tools or recommendations
For starting the C2C QuickScan process, the following product-related information is needed:
- List of all parts of the product on basis of their generic materials (“Bill of Materials” BOM)
- Product drawing, image or sample
- List of producers
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for all material inputs (incl. process chemicals)
- Information on status quo of after-use management (recycling)
What EPEA does with the data
EPEA checks the material data from the MSDS as well as the customer information and compiles a Bill of Materials according to the given data. To ensure a trustful usage of the data, EPEA and the customer sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, which guarantees that no restricted information is leaked.
For more information about the C2C QuickScan please contact us at: email@example.com