The Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Program is a multi-attribute and multi-level certification that acknowledges continuous improvement of products and processes towards the goal of being beneficial for people and the planet.
Certification criteria and process
In the Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Product Standard, the materials and manufacturing processes of each product are comprehensively assessed in five categories:
- Material Health
- Reutilization in technical or biological metabolisms
- Energy strategies of production process
- Water strategy in production process
- Social policies
The certification process consists of four steps:
Detailed information about the Certification criteria can be found in the Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Product Standard (Version 3.1) of the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute.
Advantages of a Certification
- Provides consumers, industry peers and regulators with a transparent and tangible validation of a manufacturer’s ongoing commitment to product quality and safety
- Identification of optimization approaches in the evaluation process
- Eligibility to contribute to more credits in USGBC’s LEED building certification
- Eligibility to contribute to credits in the Dutch Green Building Council Program “BREEAM”
- High rating in Portico (Google database for healthy building products)
The latest overview of all Cradle to Cradle Certified™ products can be found on the website of the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute.
Case studies of companies, which received a Cradle to Cradle Certified™ certification in collaboration with EPEA Internationale Umweltforschung, are available under References!
You want your product to be certified?
If you have any questions about the Certification, our team is looking forward to respond to your request:
Phone: +49 (0) 40 4313 49 41